- Collection and use of information
- Information storage
- Information sharing and disclosure
- Security and prevention against loss, misuse or alteration of information
- Your ability to edit and cancel your account
- Contact details
Collection and use of information
If you choose to register as a Member of Shift into Sports, you will be able to take advantage of all of the features of this Website.
Shift into Sports collects some or all of the personally identifiable information set out below when you register as a Member of Shift into Sports, when you access and use this Website and/or when you use Shift into Sports’ products and/or services. The information we collect will vary depending on the circumstances, e.g., if you use one of our Membership Services packages or use Pay as you Go facilities, we will collect most of this information. If you simply use some of our services (such as writing a service review or entering a competition) we may only collect more limited information.
What we collect from you as a Website Member
- Email Address
- Company ID Number
What we collect from you when you subscribe to or purchase Shift into Sport products or services
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Mobile telephone number
- Sponsor Company
- Home Address
- Work Address
Please note, which fields are required may vary between different products and services being purchased.
- Specific conditions and diseases
- Previous injuries
- Payment Card number
- Payment Card Type
- Card Issue Date
- Card Expiry Date
- Cardholder Name
- Payment Card Billing Address
Products and Services
- Information about membership services you have subscribed to or would like to subscribe to
- Information about facilities you have booked for use on a Pay as you Go basis, or would like to book on a Pay as you Go basis.
- Your facility ratings
- User Material you submit (e.g., your service reviews, user generated content, entries to competitions other user submissions)
How we use it
- To check that a payment card is valid
- To warrant that you are in sufficient health to engage in the programme
- To pay your account * To allow you access to facilities
- To recommend other services that you may like to buy
- To communicate with you regarding your Membership, account or purchase of Shift into Sports’ products or services
- To provide you with order and billing history information
- To establish usage trends in order to recommend other services or sports you may like to try
- To contact you about the products and/or services on this Website in which you have expressed an interest
- To display your User Profile to others users of this Website (in accordance with your security settings)
- To email you offers, news and information (in accordance with your email communications preferences, which you can access through "My account" section
- To send you samples of, or marketing materials relating to, third party products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. Such materials may accompany the bookings you have selected to make, or may be sent by us separately. Please note that at no time is it necessary for us to provide your personally identifiable information to third parties in order to send you these materials
Authorised Shift into Sports personnel may update your registration information to accurately reflect any new information included in any communications received from you.
Please note that by supplying your telephone number on joining us you grant us permission to contact you via phone regarding your account and any special offers or promotions that we may offer you from time to time and to assess the effectiveness of our service.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers that are protected in secure facilites including firewall protection and located in those countries that form part of the European Economic Area or are considered to provide adequate protection for personal information under the European Union Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC).
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
More detailed information on cookies can generally be found in the "help" (or similar) section of your Internet web browser.
Information sharing and disclosure
Shift into Sports is committed to protecting your personal information. Members who subscribe or purchase services which involve the usage of gym facilities agree for some personal information to be passed on to the operators of those facilities.
Information that will be passed to operators of facilities include:
- Email Address
- Health Disclosure Information
We also may share your personal information with third parties (ie agents or sub-contractors) specifically engaged by Shift into Sports to provide services to us, in which case we will require those parties to keep that information confidential and secure and to use it solely for the purpose of providing the specified services to us.
Other than in the circumstances set out above, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent except:
a.Where Shift into Sports is required by law to disclose information to third parties;
b.Where the disclosure is necessary for the performance of our operations (eg. mail delivery, hosting services, protecting us from fraud, and payment of your account); or
Companies and individuals registered in the Shift into Sports Affiliate Program receive aggregate information about customers that they direct to Shift into Sports through links on their websites. No personally identifiable information is provided to affiliate members; the information collected from our affiliates is used strictly for the affiliates program and will not be used for general marketing purposes.
Shift into Sports also provides analyses of our customers in the aggregate to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties. We do this so that we and our business partners can understand you better, and so we can keep bringing you first-rate services. We may also disclose, on an anonymous basis, literal statements made by our customers. At no time, however, will we disclose personal information about specific customers.
Security and prevention against loss, misuse or alteration of information
Shift into Sports has implemented technology and security features, as well as strict internal guidelines, to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorised access or improper use. We will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available.
For transmitting your personal information to us, we use a secure server which encrypts all of your personal information. This encryption process ensures that the information you give us is protected against unauthorised use.
While we make every effort to ensure that your information is secure on our system, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Your Shift into Sports account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. You can play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of your password used on the Shift into Sports website. We recommend that you change your password from time to time for additional security. Please advise us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
Access authorisation is granted only to key Shift into Sports staff and to our agents or subcontractors if necessary for the performance of our operations or for them to provide services to us. Any information accessed by those agents or subcontractors is required to be kept confidential and secure and is not permitted to be used for any purpose except to provide their services to us.
Backups are run to prevent loss of information, and our Internet servers are housed in secure facilities.
Your ability to edit and cancel your account
You can access "My account" section from every page on this Website to update and correct the personal details that we gathered when you registered. You must be logged in to access this information. All information is password-protected so no one can access the information but you.
If you decide to cancel your Shift into Sports subscription, your membership to the website will remain but your access to and enjoyment of products and services will cease. However we may retain your information for business, operational and administrative purposes and in accordance with applicable laws.
Shift into Sports’ contact details
(Attention: Privacy Officer)
Shift into Sports Limited
3rd Floor 77-91 New Oxford Street
London WC1A 1PX